Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My 2 Cs

Ok… before you complain…this one is about ‘me’. You may want to click the third tab from left on top of this page.

Know your strengths… & weaknesses, so they say. Guess I know mine, at least the ones that are partly responsible for where I am… and where I am not…

::: Common sense & Carelessness :::

[Aside: I wonder if the marketing gurus choose the letter first and then look for words starting with it - 4Ps, 3Cs… or is it an afterthought, as I have for my 2Cs]

Interestingly, but for my 1st C, I would have been a real dumass; specially with the 2nd C working overtime.

C1: Common sense
Saves me from a lot of hard work
Saved me from some near crisis situations
Even after doing considerably well in my Fin courses; I don’t know Finance*. I just have some sense (common) of it. And I just try to reason it out from there. And trust me, it works, yes, it takes longer, but you get there. Don’t Eureka moments come from a high doze of common sense? So much for inculcating the 1st Principle approach during my teenhood!

C2: Carelessness
Puts me in some real tight situations
Right from reading the questions wrongly (and answering them correctly) to forgetting to mark a whole set on that fated OMR, from Prep in Joseph’s till date… I think I’ve suffered rather liberally at the hands of C2. Old habits do die hard, if at all.

I think all my life I have operated on gut feel, at times on the ‘Blink’ concept… so much so that I feel I’ve sleepwalked through my education. So if C1 has been the cause for this rather easy ride, C2 is the effect.

* for that matter anything

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home